miabonics; dmv

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You think you know a guy...

So I'm bored and I wanted to type another one. No you don't have to do one too. Please don't whine & gripe about me typing something that might be seemingly irrelevant to you, just shut up & read it. :-)

Anyway -- facts about moi:

1. I learned how to drive on the NASCAR race track of the DMV (I-495) so excuse me if I get road rage over people who don't know how to merge, drive in the correct lane (get out my left lane if you doing the speed limit), or people who do not use their blinker.

2. I have anger-management problems. It's more of a secret cause I've learned how to control it -- but when I do get mad...oh boy.

3. I'm overly organized and overly neat. Ask any of my friends, linesisters, roommates -- I clean ALL the time and everything has its place. Messy rooms do something to my nerves. I have all sorts of planners and journals filled up with "to-do" lists.

4. I have alcoholics on both sides of my family -- this probably explains my tolerance level.

5. I am not an outdoor/adventure type of person -- the wild, the woods, mountains, etc. etc. is NOT for me. The closest thing to outdoors activity that I have done was the Luray Caverns in VA. LeaderShape was a BIG adjustment for me because it was out in the woods ... in a cabin. Man that was the HARDEST week of my life.

6. I think the DC area has the best men on this side of the Mississippi. All of my past boyfriends were from some part of the DMV -- except one and he was from the Bronx. I don't attract southern men -- am I not docile enough? Just kidding.

7. I'm generally nice. Where people get this misconception that I'm mean baffles me. Maybe it's my facial expressions -- I'm usually mugging apparently.

8. I like to sleep. REALLY sleep. I'll wake up -- look around and go right back to sleep. So if you want me to do something with you -- it's in your best interest to ask me the day before so I can set my alarm otherwise I'm going to hibernate.

9. I love to read! I am currently reading two books (for pleasure) - "Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism" by James W. Loewen & "Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present" by Harriet A. Washington

10. I HATE reptiles. I'm struggling to understand why the hell would you want to own something that carries Salmonella. That's right -- in case you didn't know -- ALL reptiles carry Salmonella. It's nothing contagious to them but its lethal in humans. Besides reptiles are some god-ugly creatures. *shivers*

11. I love tattoos. I plan to be tatted up pretty soon! I'll probably get five more.

12. I love makeup - specifically eye shadows, eyeliners, mascara, lip stuff (gloss, glass, color). I'm starting to try out concealers and foundation ... it's not that bad, you just gotta match your complexion and apply lightly.

13. I don't see myself getting married because I'm much too bossy and stubborn -- but who knows.

14. I've been celibate since December 2006. It has been a self-examination journey. Do I struggle with it -- sure. But all and all it's worth it. Jill Scott wrote a poem called "Nothing is for Nothing" and in it she says:

"A prostitute/Selling my soul for emotionally gain/Struggling not to be the third generation of lonely women in my family/Struggling to gain/But gaining nothing but confusion, frustration, illusion, and emptiness/Cause there was no love/Just empty condom wrappers on the floors to discarded like me" ...

I think while some women claim they "love" sex -- they are just doing it because it happens to be what the men they are dealing with values about them. As for me, the "old" me is dead & gone ... the me that I am now is ...

"The me who must have love and give it/The me who brings more to the table than good look and a wet hole/The me that is confident and intelligent and filled to the brim with respect for me"

Damn ... I said I wasn't going to get deep on this one. Oh well...

15. I LOVE THE REDSKINS! Where the hell did all these fake Steeler fans come from? Oh yeah, the same place all the fake ass Giants fans came from. Go sit down somewhere.

15. I love ice cream but I'm lactose intolerant like a mfker! Lordy.

16. I love organic food/drinks.

17. I love men with dreads. Oh la la ...

18. I have an extra sensitive nose -- so if you're funky -- STAY BACK! I will hurt your feelings.

19. Martin was the best damn show on television for years. Next to The Wire (minus wack ass Season 2 about the Docks) of course

20. Jelly Belly Jelly Beans are a God-sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment